TREATMENT COSTS OF ORTHODONTICS

In order to meet the patient's or his parents' wish for cost transparency, we disclose all predictable costs before starting orthodontic treatment.

We also create a precise therapy concept before the start of treatment because orthodontic treatment usually stretches across a longer period of time. This requires a thorough preliminary examination by the orthodontist and a detailed diagnosis and therapy discussion with the patient.

We advise the patient comprehensively about the upcoming treatment and explain possible therapy alternatives. In this context, we also explain the costs incurred. When calculating, we take into account which orthodontic measures are necessary for the patient in each case, which devices are to be used, which materials are used and how high the doctor and technician fee is.

It is difficult to formulate detailed prices at this point, since each treatment case requires an individual problem solution.

Public health insurance

Private health insurance

TREATMENT COSTS WITH PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE

In relation to the therapy, a treatment and cost plan is drawn up, which indicates the amount of the financial expenses and determines the grants. This must be submitted to public health insurance companies for approval before treatment. We do this for our patients.

A tooth or jaw misalignment to be treated is not always beared by the public health insurance. The legislature introduced a grading system in 2002, which divided patients in need of treatment into five orthodontic indication groups (KIG) (group 1-5) (group 0 applies to healthy patients who do not need treatment).

The public health insurance companies only bear the costs above a certain severity of the findings (see also STIFTUNG WARENTEST, 2009):

If the diagnostic finding is classified in a corresponding severity level KIG 3 - 5, therapies are subsidized by the statutory health insurance companies from the age of 4 as part of early or early main treatment. The main group of patients are children and adolescents aged 10 to 18 years. In the case of adults (from the age of 18), the public health insurance companies only carry out treatments that require combined orthodontic-oral-and-maxillofacial surgery therapy.

If the present finding is classified in KIG 1 and 2, the public health insurance is not allowed to cover the costs of the treatment. In these cases we look for a suitable solution with the patient. Part of this solution can, in addition to an interest-free payment in installments for the duration of the treatment in our practice, also be the possibility to arrange a payment of up to 72 months through a settlement company.

If there is a diagnostic finding that is beared by the public health insurance company, we can invoice 80% of the public health insurance share of the treatment directly with the public health insurance company. The remaining 20% ​​is the share of he publicly covered costs the insured person has to pay to us. This contribution will be reimbursed by the health insurance to the insured (usually the parents) after the successful completion of the therapy, including the retention phase.

Additional services that are not included in the service catalog of the public health insurance companies or that go beyond the scope of the public health insurance company must be paid for by the patient himself. These include, for example, low compliance therapy options, the sealing of the bracket area, adhesive retainers or the use of special brackets and wires. Lingual technology and the use of Aligner® splints also belong in this category. There is also the option of agreeing interest-free and free installment payments on these services.

TREATMENT COSTS WITH PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE

We also draw up a treatment and cost plan based on the therapy for the private health insurance. After signing by the insured person, the treatment plan does not have to be submitted to private health insurers for approval, but only for information. However, the insured person has the right to request from his insurance company a legally binding declaration of acceptance of costs within the framework of the respective insurance contract.

There is no general exclusion from special treatment devices. In the case of private health insurance, it ultimately depends on the contract which costs are reimbursed. We would also be happy to advise you on this.